CODE OF CONDUCT
Startup Mountain Summit is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
For concerns regarding the Code of Conduct or any issues, please email Contact Us.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members, including staff, sponsors, exhibitors, presenters, and attendees:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your fellow participants. Alert the conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Inclusion and Diversity
Startup Mountain Summit is a platform to support a diverse, vibrant community that welcomes and encourages participation by everyone, as long as it’s respectful and constructive. All activities at the Summit should be inclusive and should support our diversity.
Our Harassment Policy
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Discriminatory jokes, language, images or personal insults–particularly those related to gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, but is not limited to, sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations and group recreational activities.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report here.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by contacting a staff member, identified by staff badges, buttons, or shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.